Public Highways in the Parish are the responsibility of Cumbria County Council, who is our highways authority.  The Parish Council recognises that there are often problems with our roads such as potholes and flooding and works with the Highways Authority and our County Councillor to try to tackle issues as they arise.  But it is important that you, as residents, also get involved with the process by reporting problems when you see them (see below for details of how).

Reporting a Problem

To Highways

Contact the highways authority directly to report:

  • Serious problems or floods
  • Any issues on the Coast Road
  • Any problem requiring immediate attention
  • Issues outside the parish
  • Potholes
  • Obstructions

Contact Highways via their HIMS (Highways Information Management System) online at https://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/highways-pavements/highways/highways.asp


They can also be contacted by email at: betterhighways.southlakeland@cumbria.gov.uk

Or by phone – Highways Hotline:  0300 3032 992

The Parish Council does employ a Parish Steward who can do some smaller works such as clearing vegetation etc. Please contact the Clerk if you wish to report anything like this.